Self care has been taking social media and marketing by storm and to be honest, I am all for it! I love the idea that society is promoting taking some time out for yourself, you really do deserve it.
That being said, here is a fun list of ideas you can implement for #selfcaresunday! Do you already practice this? What do you like to do for self-care? Let me know in the comments below!
- Champagne, movie and popcorn date
- I just did this with my boyfriend this weekend! We had only a mini bottle (so about a glass each) some popcorn, and Thor… (I think he put that on mostly for me). Self care doesn’t necessarily have to be BY yourself. Also bubbles go very well with salty snacks according to most sommeliers!
- Aromatherapy bath
- Lavender, orange, bergamot, idk whatever you want really. Stick some essential oils and epsom salts in and enjoy! My personal favourite blend is Pink Himalayan salt detox soak from Arbonne that has turmeric in it to help promote skin radiance. This has grapefruit, tangerine, lavender, juniper berry, ginger, orange and rosemary to promote an overall sense of refreshedness and well being.
- SLEEP THE FUCK IN
- Don’t punish yourself, just go for it! Sometimes the best thoughts come to me in the morning when I am wrapped up snug in the covers with my cat sleeping on my head. Maybe you don’t need the cat sleeping on your head, but I guarantee you need sleep, so go for it. Take a cue from the puppy below and get your beauty sleep!
- Go for a walk and contemplate life, love and the pursuit of happiness.
- Bonus points if it is a nature walk. In all seriousness, walking really can help you feel better, especially if you are looking to create a positive mindset shift. Time to think about things in your life, mull over any pressing issues, and appreciate your surroundings are all pretty important. I have found when I walk around the city, I really begin to recognize how thankful I am to be there, especially after a hard day at work. The main point with this is do your best to walk around somewhere you really enjoy, and the feelings of gratitude will follow.
- Buy a book that makes you better and read it.
- Self-help, sales techniques, philosphy, whatever feeds your mind. If you’re stuck check out my post 5 “basic” books for #bossbabes
- Try a new recipe.
- Pinterest is great for this! Just pick some rando ingredient in your fridge, type in “recipes with x” and go to work! You will be surprised at how great a chef you really are when you put your mind to it!
- Go out and treat yourself to a MINDBLOWING meal.
- That restaurant with the lobster tail tacos you have been wanting to try? GO FOR IT. Especially on the days when trying a new recipe just sounds like a death sentence, get someone else to cook for you! But full stop: make it worth it. You work hard for your cash, so make it an epic meal.
- Phone a friend.
- Though I am not quite sure when we decided phoning was lame as heck, I have realized since I have had to start #adulting that it is actually nice to hear someone’s voice instead of the general “sup” “nm u?” texting routine we get into. So stop being lame, pick up the phone and call your lady friends. I guarantee it’ll probably make her day too if she has time to chat! You can actually dial in to eachother’s emotions better, and connect! I will also count facetime/skype/ any interaction other than text and meme-tagging as acceptable aha!
- Spend your time doing your makeup-just because.
- I don’t know what it is about makeup for me, but the transformation brings me joy. I usually end up laughing at the mess I have created in comparison to the MUA on YouTube, but honestly since starting this practice, my skills have improved a whole bunch! Do something you’d never do before, and let go of the outcome, especially since you can wash it off so easily!
- Update your vision board.
- Get clear on your goals, get visual about them and dream freakin’ huge. It makes a difference when you get up and see your goals every day, which is why vision boards are amazing. I also love the artistic appeal of arranging my quotes and inspirations, goals, wins, etc all on the board. Who knows, if you’re lucky I will share mine with you one day 😀
- The almighty: WORKOUT!
- Pairs well with a nice aromatherapy bath afterward ;). Plus working out creates endorphins, and endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands! (sound statement from Elle Woods y’all)